Photo of Alan J. Pransky

Experienced Legal Service
for Dedham and the Greater Boston Area

Family Law, Real Estate and Probate Attorney
Photo of Alan J. Pransky

Is There A Valid Reason To Modify The Divorce Agreement?

Arrangements that are created during a divorce — such as those for child custody, visitation rights, spousal support and child support — can be modified as long as there are valid reasons for the request. Whether you need to make a modification to your arrangement, or you are unhappy with the modifications that are being proposed by your ex-spouse, having an experienced lawyer on your side can help you protect your rights.

At the law firm of attorney Alan J. Pransky, in Dedham, Massachusetts, we help people in the Greater Boston area with post-judgment modifications to divorce orders. We can help you negotiate with your ex-spouse to arrive at an effective solution or represent you in the courtroom when negotiation fails. With nearly 30 years of family law experience, attorney Pransky understands what it takes to present your circumstances in the best possible manner.

Learn more information about post-judgment modifications to support, alimony, custody and other parts of your divorce order. Contact our firm online or call 781-613-8809 to speak with a lawyer for free.

Reasons For Child Support And Other Post-Judgment Modifications

In order for a modification to occur, there needs to have been a material change in circumstances. Common reasons for post-judgment modifications include:

  • Job loss or change in employment status
  • Major injury, illness or disability
  • Change in income (either up or down)
  • One spouse has remarried
  • Relocation
  • New working hours

The current child support guidelines allow a review of the child support every three years even if there is no change in circumstances. A modification action can be filed to obtain a review if the parties won’t exchange information voluntarily.

Contact A Canton Divorce Order Modification Attorney

When you speak with us about your needs, we will put our experience to work in analyzing your current agreement and where to make the necessary adjustments. Our commonsense problem solving and dedicated personal attention means that your expectations are what we focus on at all times in your case.

Contact us online or call 781-613-8809 to schedule a free initial consultation.

We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover Card and American Express.